Nov. 21 - Goodbye To The Big Animal

It was another moist experience at the bar last night, as Lau from
First a ¾ hour of lunch with Riku – way too little time – in a waterfront park, then back to find the warehouse where I have to assemble the crate, just about half an hour later. The shipping agent is jumping up and down and helps me tighten up the hundred or so nuts and bolts, because he has to be somewhere else before too long. The crate is assembled in record time, papers are signed, then on to find a banking machine to get the rest of the money out for him. But the thing refuses to give me more money, 39,000 yen being today’s allocation. Too bad, then I have to take a train out to his place tomorrow, assuming my account isn’t empty….
I terrorize Tourist Information back in town for half an hour, because there are some (indoors) things I really want to see during the next few days of rain. Then back up to the hotel, skirting around the many homeless sleeping under their dirty blankets, and a tray of cheap sushi for dinner. I have grown fond of this type of food, available from every little convenience store. Too bad it can never be made for this price back home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home